Buying a property
It's the great Australian dream, whether it be your first home or an investment property.
Buying your family home
Before buying a home you should:
- Consider the financial costs involved.
- Find the right lender and home loan.
- Arrange building inspections.
- Think about how you’ll repay the home loan.
- Am I better off renting than buying?
- How much can I borrow?
- How much deposit will I need?
- What additional costs will I be up for when I buy a place of my own?
- Are there concessions available for first homebuyers?
- What should I do with my money while I try to accumulate a bigger deposit?
- What types of loans are available?
- What should I look for in a loan?
- How do I find the right mortgage for me?
Buying an Investment property
- What is the difference between positive and negative gearing?
- How should I structure my repayments?
- Should the interest rate be fixed, variable or a combination?
- Should I pay Principal and Interest, or pay Interest only on my investment property?
- Can I buy an investment property through my super fund?
- Can I borrow through my super fund to buy an investment property?
- Can I transfer an property that I already own into my super fund?
And here’s how we can help:
- Work out how much you can borrow based on current financial capacity.
- Calculate the deposit you are likely to need.
- Identify strategies to save for a deposit in the timeframe you set.
- Set a budget to cover your mortgage commitments when you have brought your property.
- Advise on whether to fix or make variable repayments.
- Advise on purchasing and borrowing through your super fund.
- Review, recommend and organise appropriate insurance.
- Recommend if you need to create or review your Will.
What to do next:
If you’d like our help with buying a property please contact us today on 03 8394 0300, or simply fill out the form below to discuss your advice needs.
If you would like to enquire about our services, fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you.
More of our services
With a myriad of options available in today's market, have you got the right option for your unique circumstances?