Getting married, having kids or thinking about your child's education? There are many ways we can help you plan for the future of your family and work through your short, medium and long term requirements
Congratulations - we can help you navigate through the next phase of your life so you are set up in the best possible financial position, so your finances are as stress free as possible.
Common questions to consider:
- How do we set a budget for our dream wedding?
- What are the joint financial decisions we should be thinking about now we are getting married?
- Do we need a will when we are married?
- What types of insurance do we need?
- I am remarrying. Are there any special financial considerations?
- What is a prenuptial agreement?
- Are there any tax minimisation strategies for married couples?
How we can help:
As you prepare to get married, you may need to review your finances and make financial decisions as a couple. Things to consider are your financial situation, needs, goals and objectives, as well as your insurance, investments and Wills.
- Review and help you set goals and time frames.
- Review and analyse your joint income and spending patterns.
- Review financial commitments and debts.
- Review your individual and joint investments.
- Identify opportunities to save money.
- Recommend savings or investment plans to achieve your goals.
- Review, recommend and arrange appropriate insurance.
- Identify if you need to talk to a solicitor about a new will.
Becoming a parent
You often hear new parents say that having a baby is an amazing, life changing experience. Nothing is ever the same again! At a time when every aspect of your life is changing, the last thing you want to think about is money. But while there may not be ways to reduce the financial commitments, there are things you can do to plan and manage them more effectively.
Some things you may want to consider are:
- What happens to my job while I'm on parental leave?
- Can I afford to be off work for a year?
- Will we be entitled to any government benefits?
- How much do I need to earn to make going back to work worthwhile?
- What happens to my super while I'm on parental leave?
- What happens to my insurance cover while I'm on parental leave?
- Do I need a will?
When you are planning a family you may want to consider the financial costs and consequences. Things to think about are how much you'll need to live and whether you need a savings strategy.
- Develop a plan for your goals and your time frame.
- Set a budget prior to having a family or if you're off work with a family.
- Develop an investment strategy to accumulate money for long term goals like private education.
- Review, recommend and arrange appropriate insurance to ensure your family is protected.
- Recommend superannuation strategies to help you continue saving for retirement and minimise the total tax you are paying right now.
- Recommend if you need a will or need to review your will.
Educating the children
Good education is one of the best gifts you can give (and it doesn’t need to cost a lot of money). A little research and planning now could save you some financial worries in the long run.
Some things to consider are:
- How much will my children's education cost?
- When should I start investing for my child's education?
- What types of savings plans are available?
- Should I put investments in my child's name?
- My child starts secondary school next year. Is it too late to start saving?
How we can help:
- Develop a plan based on your goals, situation and timeframe (eg how much it is likely to cost to educate your child).
- Set an investment and budget management strategy to accumulate money for your goals.
- Review, recommend and organise appropriate insurance.
- Recommend super strategies to ensure you're still saving for retirement and minimise the total tax you are paying right now.
- Recommend if you need a will or need to review your will with a solicitor.
What to do next:
If you want us to help you plan and manage your existing or upcoming financial commitments more effectively, please contact us today on 03 8394 0300 or simply fill in the form below for an obligation free consultation.
If you would like to enquire about our services, fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you.
More of our services
Your Superannuation will be one of your biggest investments outside of your family home.
You've worked hard to get where you are, and want to make sure that you and your family can enjoy the benefits. But if the unforeseen happens, how do you ensure your family are well looked after and that your assets are handed down according to your wishes?