Although an inheritance may be unexpected, how do you make sure you make the most of it? And, how do you know if there are any special obligations or considerations that apply?
Some things to consider are:
- What are my options?
- Do I have to pay tax on an item I inherit?
- I inherited a house and I want to sell it. Do I have to pay capital gains tax?
Here's how we can help;
- If you have a windfall like cash, property, shares or even a valuable item there may be financial implications. We can help you understand those implications and help you make the most of your windfall.
- We'll ensure you're aware of any tax implications of your decisions.
- Review and help you set goals and a realistic timeframe.
- Identify your options if the windfall is cash and advise of tax considerations if the windfall is not cash.
- Recommend a selection of investment options.
- Advise you when you need to see an accountant or solicitor.
What to do next:
If you want us to help you make the most of your inheritance, contact us today on 03 8394 0300 or simply fill out the form below.
If you would like to enquire about our services, fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you.
More of our services
Self Managed Super Funds
SMSF now make up a third of all assets within the superannuation system and continue to grow by 2,000 new accounts per month. They offer more flexibility when it comes to investment choice and well as more control over the assets.
Your Superannuation will be one of your biggest investments outside of your family home.