It is not something that is always planned for, but during this tough time there are usually financial issues you’ll need to be on top of.
Some things to consider:
- How do I start to become financially independent?
- What government benefits am I entitled to?
- Am I eligible to a part of my ex-partner's super?
- I have children and I'm the primary breadwinner. What are my financial commitments?
- Will I need to get my own life insurance?
- Do I need to change my will?
- What should I do with my divorce settlement?
- Can I afford to take over the mortgage on the home?
- Where can I go to get more help?
We can help you navigate your finances through this time by
- Reviewing your financial situation after your divorce settlement.
- Helping you set new financial goals.
- Identifying your income and financial commitments.
- Developing a new budget and plan to achieve your new goals.
- Reviewing, recommending and organising appropriate insurance for you and any dependents.
- Reviewing your super and retirement savings.
- Recommending 'catch up' strategies for retirement savings if you need it.
- Reviewing your finances to see if you are entitled to any social security benefits.
- Recommending if you need to meet with a solicitor to create or update a will.
What to do next:
If you want us to help you review your financial situation, contact us today on 03 8394 0300 or simply fill out the form below.
If you would like to enquire about our services, fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you.
More of our services
Insurance is often a subject that we avoid, as it brings to life the possibility of 'what if'. However, if you have you considered the 'what if' do you feel secure in the knowledge that no matter what the circumstance you have all your bases covered?
Getting married, having kids or thinking about your child's education? There are many ways we can help you plan for the future of your family and work through your short, medium and long term requirements